Monday, December 20, 2010

shawgaar 1


 I went to Hyde Park yesterday. I walked for an hour and took pictures (I love my mobile phone ! ) It was an amazing scenery of  the Winter.I will share the pictures on the blog when a fault in my computer is resolved.
      I started my Sunday with Radio BBC 4. There was an interesting broadcast about black Muslim communities in London. The broadcaster was speaking to different members of Muslim community, concentrating on black Muslims. I had missed the first minutes of the programme but for the rest , I could clearly acknowledge the main debate : What is the most important issue for a black Muslim ? Identification or Faith ? I liked one of the questions in the programme, asking why the blacks needed to have a separate mosque when Islam claims in the religion, the colour really doesn't matter !? Since I have started asking about the class I am belonging to in The UK, I follow anything around minorities, even religious minorities, the field I have always ignored deliberately.

     Tomorrow a friend of mine coming to see me from Sheffield.A gentleman who I know him since 2007. He was my bilingual dictionary when we were working in a Turkish take-away and we had a very very funny time because of a silly boss we had. The take-away owner was so greedy and doing stupid things to cheat customers and to make money, but his plans usually ended up with trouble or complaint from the customers.Still I remember a night when his lovely daughter,age 5 , was crying for a small pizza that he didn't want to give her and asking her to try Donner Kebab !!! Then I decided to order a small pizza for her from another shop ! Three years passed by, we are still sharing some funny memories of those days.

      Today I was thinking of something to buy,giving to my friend as a present.I didn't find anything in the biggest shopping centre in the city (!!) but I'll try my favourite store,Tk max, tomorrow,something good and nice and  cheap  ... and ... cheaper, when you pay for a present !

1 comment: